10/26/2018 Attention LPSD Water Customers:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DRINKING WATER
Exceeded Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for Haloacetic Acids
LEADSVILLE PSD, WV3304215
Our water system recently violated a drinking water standard. Although this is not an emergency, you as our customers have the right to know what happened, what you should do, and what we are doing to correct the situation.
We routinely monitor for the presence of drinking water contaminants. Test results for 7/1/2018 and 9/30/2018 show that our system exceeds the standard or maximum contaminant level (MCL) for Haloacetic Acids.
The average level of Haloacetic Acids over the last four quarter was 75.7µg/L at SM#2 CHERRY FORK RD, MONTROSE location. The standard for Haloacetic Acids is 60.0µg/L.
What should I do?
You do not need to use an alternative (e.g. bottled) water supply. However, if you have specific health concerns, it is recommended you consult your doctor.
What does this mean?
This is not an immediate risk. If it had been, you would have been notified immediately. However, some people who drink water containing Haloacetic acids in excess of the MCL over many years may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
What happened? What is being done? (Describe corrective action)
Haloacetic acids are a byproduct of the treatment process. Leadsville PSD has no control over the treatment process being a class WD purchasing system. All water is purchased from the city of Elkins. Leadsville PSD is currently working with Midland PSD, the City of Elkins water plant and WV-DHHR-BPH-OEHS to find solutions for these high levels. As of February 2018, the City of Elkins has been operating its new water plant which has changed the process from which the District receives water. Changes to the District’s flushing plan maybe be needed and the District will possibly do additional sampling to help determine what changes will need to be made.
For more information, please contact Carl McGlynn at 304-636-8834 or PO Box 1336, Elkins, WV 26241.
Please share this information with all other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.
This notice is being sent to you by LEADSVILLE PSD
State Water System ID #: WV3304215 Date Distributed October 29, 2018
Leadsville Public Service District provides sewer service to portions of Crystal Springs, Highland Park, portions of Harpertown, Woodridge, and Cravensdale areas of Elkins. The District provides water service to the Cravensdale, Gilman, Kerens, and Montrose areas outside of Elkins.
Official Hours of Operation
- 8:30AM to 12:30PM but usually open to 4:30PM Monday thru Friday
- (304) 636-8834
- 108 Second Street Elkins, WV 26241
- PO BOX 1336 Elkins, WV 26241
Payments can be made at Davis Trust Co if you have your bill card.
- Regulated by the Public Service Commission (PSC) of WV.
- Rate schedule and adjustment policies are available upon request.
- Our Board meets every third Wednesday of each month.
- For any boil water advisories affecting the City of Elkins water, please call (304) 637-3582.
To Pay By Credit/Debit Card:
- You can pay online: http://pay.softtelpay.com
- You can pay over the phone by calling toll-free: 855-4TELPAY (855-483-5729)
- When you are asked to enter an identification code use:
- 26241-11 for water bills
- 26241-12 for sewer bills
- You must have your credit card and your bill available in order to enter other needed information.
- Note: SOFTtelPay will charge a nominal fee for using this service.